Center for New Americans' goal is to place refugees and asylees from all over the world into jobs and help them discover that America is truly the land of opportunity. Every year we fulfill the dreams of hundreds of new Americans by helping them learn the English language, develop their computer skills, understand American culture and history, and prepare to become positive contributors to the workforce.
>>Click for Arabic Translation
- English as a Second Language and vocational English
- Acculturation workshops
- Case management services
- Interviewing, résumé writing, workforce foundation skills, and job readiness and retention workshops
- Computer literacy classes
- Job placement assistance and follow-up
- Use of driving simulator
- Youth program assisting 16- and 17-year olds find part-time work during the school year, or full-time summer employment
- Residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties with refugee status and within 5 years of date of entry to the United States, even if a Green Card has been received
- Residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties who are granted asylum status
- United States citizens are not eligible
Additional Languages Spoken
Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian. Access to additional languages is available; please call for more information.
There is no cost for these services.
2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Delaware County Assistance Office:
845 Main Street
Darby, PA 19023
NOTE: By appointment only--call 215.728.4226 to schedule
Monday – Friday
9 am – 5 pm